I’ve been feeling crafty and browsing pinterest like it’s my job.
I found this tutorial and modified it a bit for my needs. Here’s how mine turned out:
It was actually pretty simple. All you need is:
- Piece of wood – I got mine from JoAnn’s for about $2 with a coupon
- A mason jar – Already had that around
- Hook – Got 2 from Lowe’s for around $2
- 3″ Pipe clamp – Got this in the plumbing section of Lowe’s for $1.75
Under $5 for this cute little thing! For more pictures and deatiled instructions you can head to the turotial link above, but basically here is what I did:
- Painted the piece of wood
- Attach the clamp: I just started hammering a nail in one of the slots at the end. Once the nail could fit through it, I just hammered into the board. These pictures from the tutorial should help (although she uses a screw in the photo):
- Then I unscrewed the clamp to put my mason jar in and then screwed it back in so it was nice and tight around the jar.
- Screw the hook in wherever you would like.
And the finished product again:
I also made this bracelet the other day. I think I might make a bunch with different colors/types/amounts of rope and sell them around WaterFest time :) Any takers?